Cracow: an industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula
Krakow , also spelled Krakow or Cracow ( ), is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Its historic centre was inscribed on the list of World Heritage Sites as the first of its kind.
Krakow is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Warta, within Sieradz County, Lodz Voivodeship, in central Poland. It lies approximately west of Warta, north-west of Sieradz, and west of the regional capital Lodz.
A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
The Piast dynasty was the first historical ruling dynasty of Poland. It began with the semi-legendary Piast Kolodziej (Piast the Wheelwright). The first historical ruler was Duke Mieszko I (10th cent.). The Piasts royal rule in Poland ended in 1370 with the death of king Casimir the Great.
This sign was located in Wroclaw's Rynek (main square). There were large signs all over, hiding refurbishment projects (apparently not all signs had projects going on underneath them, so these signs are soon to be history). Piast was a dynasty that lasted over three centuries in Poland. And it's also the name of their basic light beer. It was very good, and you could get it anywhere.
Piast's Castle - Gliwice, Poland
Piast's Castle in Gliwice, dates back to the mid-14th century. It consists of a tower from 1322, which was originally part of the city walls, and an adjoining building which was probably an armory. Modifications were carried out in the 15th century, between 1558-61 it became the residence of Fryderyk Cetrycz